PROJECT LEVEL- Fungus Fields - Super Mario Bros. X Forums (2024)

PROJECT LEVEL- Fungus Fields - Super Mario Bros. X Forums (2)

  • Quick links
    • Members
    • The team
  • FAQ
  • Login
  • Register
  • Chat
  • HomeBoard indexArchivesArchivesArchived ForumsLevelsAverage

PROJECT LEVEL- Fungus Fields

  • Print view

11 posts• Page 1 of 1

Warlock
Eerie
PROJECT LEVEL- Fungus Fields - Super Mario Bros. X Forums (3)
Posts: 759
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:50 am
Flair: bep
Pronouns: they/them
Contact:

Contact Warlock

PROJECT LEVEL- Fungus Fields

  • Quote

Postby Warlock » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:13 pm

So, I decided that as the project goes along I will be Releasing ONE level from each world, except for the ones after World 4. So, here is the World 1 level I have released. The second level will be released once World 2 is finished.

This is a typical Shy/Island level featuring Mushrooms made be reghrhre (R.I.P). The tileset is made by Shikaternia. Unfortunately, Blue Dread made a background but it was glitching in the level so I used a typical SMB3 Clouds Background for the level.

Personally I hope that yu enjoy it as I spent 7 hours in total making it. I am constantly developing the project so if you want to help just gimme a PM.

Also I would like this to get reviewed as soon as possible but If I have to wait I have to wait. That's life, eh?

Anyways, here it is!

Screenies (Outdated):

Spoiler: show

Download now!!!
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ewntg ... Fields.zip

Constuctive criticism is well appreciated!!! PROJECT LEVEL- Fungus Fields - Super Mario Bros. X Forums (4)

Top

-JK9000
Guest

Re: PROJECT LEVEL- Fungus Fields

  • Quote

Postby -JK9000 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:41 pm

Pretty awesome level PROJECT LEVEL- Fungus Fields - Super Mario Bros. X Forums (5)
I love the music where does it come from??

And why is there only a single red coin?

Top

Warlock
Eerie
PROJECT LEVEL- Fungus Fields - Super Mario Bros. X Forums (6)
Posts: 759
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:50 am
Flair: bep
Pronouns: they/them
Contact:

Contact Warlock

Re: PROJECT LEVEL- Fungus Fields

  • Quote

Postby Warlock » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:26 am

-JK9000 wrote:Pretty awesome level PROJECT LEVEL- Fungus Fields - Super Mario Bros. X Forums (7)
I love the music where does it come from??

And why is there only a single red coin?

It's the NSMBU Beach theme.

The red coins have a special meaning in the episode. This will be revealed when the episode is complete.

Top

lighthouse64
Charged Spiny
PROJECT LEVEL- Fungus Fields - Super Mario Bros. X Forums (8)
Posts: 1804
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:28 am

Re: PROJECT LEVEL- Fungus Fields

  • Quote

Postby lighthouse64 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:36 pm

Valtries the Fox wrote:

-JK9000 wrote:Pretty awesome level PROJECT LEVEL- Fungus Fields - Super Mario Bros. X Forums (9)
I love the music where does it come from??

And why is there only a single red coin?

It's the NSMBU Beach theme.

The red coins have a special meaning in the episode. This will be revealed when the episode is complete.

Oh! it's kinda like star coins then.

Top

Warlock
Eerie
PROJECT LEVEL- Fungus Fields - Super Mario Bros. X Forums (10)
Posts: 759
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:50 am
Flair: bep
Pronouns: they/them
Contact:

Contact Warlock

Re: PROJECT LEVEL- Fungus Fields

  • Quote

Postby Warlock » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:28 am

lighthouse64 wrote:

Valtries the Fox wrote:

-JK9000 wrote:Pretty awesome level PROJECT LEVEL- Fungus Fields - Super Mario Bros. X Forums (11)
I love the music where does it come from??

And why is there only a single red coin?

It's the NSMBU Beach theme.

The red coins have a special meaning in the episode. This will be revealed when the episode is complete.

Oh! it's kinda like star coins then.

I will not comment.

Top

Beyond
Blooper
PROJECT LEVEL- Fungus Fields - Super Mario Bros. X Forums (12)
Posts: 191
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:16 pm

Re: PROJECT LEVEL- Fungus Fields

  • Quote

Postby Beyond » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:44 am

I will review that...

Top

Warlock
Eerie
PROJECT LEVEL- Fungus Fields - Super Mario Bros. X Forums (13)
Posts: 759
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:50 am
Flair: bep
Pronouns: they/them
Contact:

Contact Warlock

Re: PROJECT LEVEL- Fungus Fields

  • Quote

Postby Warlock » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:17 am

Beyond wrote:I will review that...

I certainly look forward to that.

Top

silent_
Van De Graf
PROJECT LEVEL- Fungus Fields - Super Mario Bros. X Forums (14)
Posts: 2151
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:34 pm

Re: PROJECT LEVEL- Fungus Fields

  • Quote

Postby silent_ » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:43 pm

Beyond wrote:I will review that...

You might as well stop saying that beforehand because it doesn't do you any good PROJECT LEVEL- Fungus Fields - Super Mario Bros. X Forums (15) PROJECT LEVEL- Fungus Fields - Super Mario Bros. X Forums (16) PROJECT LEVEL- Fungus Fields - Super Mario Bros. X Forums (17) TROLLD U M8 LOL GET REKT (jk buddy just messin' with ya)

Anyhow, Valtries requested me to review this on my Kep Reviews Your Level thread, so I shall therefore fulfill his request.

[center]Design - 4.5[/center][/u][/i][/b]

This was a rather short, but fun level, and the name fit well. To immediately start giving constructive criticism, however, the music didn't fit since you're not in a beach, and the baby Yoshi singing in the music doesn't fit either since there was no Yoshis in this level. Also, the upside mushrooms look downright awkward. Maybe make the mushroom actually upside down. Plus, I didn't like how this level had no layers and events or main gimmicks. Experiment with some things, and then add something. Spice your level up. Oh, and the star placement is downright annoying, I mean I don't know about you, but I most certainly wouldn't want to fall down about half of the level just to obtain it. But on the other hand, I liked how the Munchers were held by vines, that was actually really clever and more people need to make things like that. Anyhow, to start onto the gameplay, it was... okay, I guess. It felt kind of empty while playing it, like a lot of things were missing, but all of these missing things will be covered in the placement category. Conclusively, anyways, there was no music in the third section, despite you have already typing in "Overworld.mp3". You just forgot to set it on "Custom".

Atmosphere - 8
The atmosphere and aesthetics were the good thing about this level, and it will make your score go up a bit. Anyways, to start off, the great placement of background objects and placement of mushrooms (despite the awkward-looking "upside down" mushrooms) were great, but... that's about all I have to say. The only reason you didn't get a perfect score on this, however, is because of the "upside down" mushrooms which totally tear down the aesthetics, and there was honestly too much ceiling. Realistically, a place wouldn't have a full ceiling. Try adding some ceiling pieces here and there, but down cluster the whole place with low and weirdly-placed ceiling. Oh, and for another flaw, there were literally no background objects in section three. Don't be scared to put some vegetation on mushrooms as well.

Placement - 5
Pretty weak part of the level even if the Design got lower than this: I mean, you forgot to add a lot of essential things like pipes with Piranhas and pipes for the sole purpose of decoration. Plus, you didn't add too many coins in the bottom of section one, and throughout the entire level there weren't much question boxes and bricks. However, enemy placement was another thing: There was, quite frankly, too much of them. Especially at the top part of section one, and throughout section two and three. And in section four you could even tone down the enemy placement a bit. Regardless, there are lots of things to fix in this category: However, I'm not done yet. As mentioned in the Atmosphere section, you did an excellent job with background objects 75% of the time, but you totally ruined it in section three, I mean, you added like none. To add onto this, don't be afraid to add vegetation on mushrooms. It's not peculiar, it's honestly perfectly normal. So consider it.

So, your overall averaged score is...
5.83/10
So, since I'm a f*cking noob, I don't know if this goes in Pretty Good or Average. I'll talk to the level judges about it, however.

Last edited by bossedit8 on Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top

Warlock
Eerie
PROJECT LEVEL- Fungus Fields - Super Mario Bros. X Forums (18)
Posts: 759
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:50 am
Flair: bep
Pronouns: they/them
Contact:

Contact Warlock

Re: PROJECT LEVEL- Fungus Fields

  • Quote

Postby Warlock » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:36 am

I personally think that that was a fair review, but I disagree with you on some points. such as:

-I think the music fits, because the them for World 1 of my project is "Island/Water." Also, I added the Baby Yoshis to make the level seem more lively, because with these added, they add an extra rhythm to the music.
-This level is based on a journey through a large tunnel, which is why the ceilings are there.

I do agree with you on some points, however, and will ask for thus to get a re-review once I update it. But overall you made some fair points and the score is rather fair. Thank you for reviewing it.

Top

silent_
Van De Graf
PROJECT LEVEL- Fungus Fields - Super Mario Bros. X Forums (19)
Posts: 2151
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:34 pm

Re: PROJECT LEVEL- Fungus Fields

  • Quote

Postby silent_ » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:30 pm

You are very welcome for the review.

Valtries the Fox wrote:-I think the music fits, because the them for World 1 of my project is "Island/Water." Also, I added the Baby Yoshis to make the level seem more lively, because with these added, they add an extra rhythm to the music.

Honestly, I fail to see how this is a beach level at all. The tileset, name, background, and lack of water, suggest that this is a grass level. Still, I'm not saying that it isn't a beach level because you're the one who made this, but really, I just... can't see how this is a beach.

Valtries the Fox wrote:-This level is based on a journey through a large tunnel, which is why the ceilings are there.

I never said there shouldn't be a ceiling, I merely said that you shouldn't have the entire level filled with ceiling: You should have ceiling pieces here and there, that's all.

Top

Guyin
Guest

Re: PROJECT LEVEL- Fungus Fields

  • Quote

Postby Guyin » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:06 am

I will review this level! I had fun playing it.

Design - 7
I think that the choice of background elements matches the steps you travel. The special flowers don't make sense on tops of mushrooms way up in the air. I would describe the flow of this level as linear since its pretty much one directional, with a pit-fall that makes you go back. I liked how there were randomly mushrooms, koopa and spiked beetles. The only thing that was missing, imho, was some unique challenge or theme other than mushroom jumping.

Atmosphere - 7.5
Overall the background, mushrooms and ground graphic is interesting. It has a good theme and some good graphics. You made good picks and it worked well.

Placement - 6
It would make a good mid-difficulty level. I could see this level appearing halfway through a fungus-themed World. But does make you slow down and watch what you are doing, watch where you kick stuff! Some levels you can blast thru and just stomp and shoot, but this one made me slow down. Sometimes it felt like Mario was hitting his head a lot just to make a jump. Maybe making some of the jumps smoother might help. The bullet bills were kind of annoying, but maybe thats because they added challenge. They fit a theme of ascending into the air.

Final Score: 6 / 10

Top

  • Print view

11 posts• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Average”

Jump to

  • Super Mario Bros. X
  • General
  • Contests and Events
  • ChoccyCon 2023!
  • 2024 Vanilla Contests
  • MapCon 2024
  • LunaLua
  • LunaLua Help
  • Graphics
  • Graphic Request
  • Levels
  • Episodes
  • Projects
  • SLAM
  • Support
  • Help and Support
  • Guides
  • General Discussion
  • Site Discussion
  • Sandbox
  • Video Games
  • Art Board
  • Archives
  • Archives
  • April Fools Day
  • Level Contests
  • Mystery Contest 2020
  • Diorama Contest 2021
  • Vanilla Contest 2021
  • ChoccyCon 2021
  • Mystery Contest 2021
  • Choco Latte Contest 2022
  • Science Contest 2023
  • Vanilla Contest 2022
  • MAFAB3
  • Events and Announcements
  • Pit of 100 Pages
  • Archived Forums
  • Introductions
  • Requests
  • Levels
  • Casual Levels
  • Battle Levels
  • The Best
  • Pretty Good
  • Average
  • The Trash Can
  • Projects
  • Fan Fiction and Roleplaying
  • FF/R Temporary Archives
  • Roleplaying
  • SuperMarioBrosX.org
  • (Mafia) Side Games
  • Mafia
  • LunaLua
  • The Invasion 3
  • Levels (Invasion 3)
  • Guestbook

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

  • HomeBoard index
  • All times are UTC-04:00
  • Delete cookies
  • Members
  • The team

Disclaimer

Super Mario Bros. X (SMBX), its developers, website, and all related entities are neither affiliated with nor endorsed by Nintendo. "Mario", "Luigi", and all related names, graphics, and concepts are property of Nintendo. Some of these resources appear on this website for the purpose of fair use transformative work and commentary. No copies of any copyright-infringing material are distributed through this website. SMBX operates discussion forums that feature user-generated content. If you find content that you believe infringes on your intellectual property rights, please contact us.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited

PROJECT LEVEL- Fungus Fields - Super Mario Bros. X Forums (2024)
Top Articles
Latest Posts
Article information

Author: Rubie Ullrich

Last Updated:

Views: 6678

Rating: 4.1 / 5 (52 voted)

Reviews: 91% of readers found this page helpful

Author information

Name: Rubie Ullrich

Birthday: 1998-02-02

Address: 743 Stoltenberg Center, Genovevaville, NJ 59925-3119

Phone: +2202978377583

Job: Administration Engineer

Hobby: Surfing, Sailing, Listening to music, Web surfing, Kitesurfing, Geocaching, Backpacking

Introduction: My name is Rubie Ullrich, I am a enthusiastic, perfect, tender, vivacious, talented, famous, delightful person who loves writing and wants to share my knowledge and understanding with you.